To run GoPro videos using VLC Media Player, an individual has to install some additional software to their PC. By using specific programs, one can pair their computer with GoPro Wi-Fi network and stream videos using VLC player. So you can refer to the steps mentioned below to make the streaming process much more convenient.
Steps for Viewing GoPro Videos On PC using VLC Media Player
- First users will have to switch on the Wi-Fi network of the GoPro device. To do so, users will have to use the “Mode” button on their GoPro camera.
- Then select the “Settings” option to open the Wi-Fi feature of your GoPro.
- Now users will have to pair their GoPro with the computer device by using the Wi-Fi connection. It is similar to choosing your desired network from the available list of devices on your PC. Simply select the name of your GoPro to pair with its Wi-Fi network.
After that, users will have to search for the URL of their GoPro streaming, as this would help you in diverting the stream to the VLC player on your system.
- Head to the web browser of your PC and enter http://10.5.5.9:8080/live inside the search bar and hit enter from your keyboard.
- Now choose the “amba.m3u8” option.
- Then copy the complete address by holding “Ctrl + C” keys.
- After that, users will have to launch VLC Media Player and choose the Media menu option.
- Now select the “Open Network Stream” button and then hold “Ctrl + V” from your keyboard to paste the URL.
- Then users can easily view a live stream of GoPro camera on their VLC media player.
By going through the steps mentioned above, an individual can easily stream their videos on their PC by using the VLC media player. It is essential to understand that different GoPro models require different third party software’s to become compatible with the VLC player. So it is best recommended to ensure your GoPro camera model and then initiate the pairing process. Hopefully, users will now be able to stream GoPro videos on their computer using the VLC Media Player.
Peter is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.