At times, you may need to work with content which is available on Microsoft publisher and you want to use it in Microsoft Word which is a part of office.com/setup. This is the reason why you want to transfer your data from one platform to another. Transferring data or content from MS Publisher document into MS Word can be a simple task if you follow the right procedure for it.
Although the time spent during this process may vary depending upon the length of the document, you can do it manually without leaving your desk.
Procedure to convert single-page documents
If you’re converting a single-page document to Word, you have to export the Publisher document as an HTML file so that you can easily open it in Microsoft Word.
- Click the Publisher file menu.
- Select the “Export” option.
- Tap on the “Publish HTML” alternative.
- Select a location to save the HTML file and its folders which contains images and format information.
- Now, go to Microsoft Word and launch it.
- Click on the “Open” option and tap on the saved “HTML File”.
- You can also drag the images and text boxes according to your need and reposition them wherever you want.
Procedure to convert multi-page documents
Many documents in Microsoft Publisher office.com/setup, like magazines, books, and newsletters, contain multiple pages with numerous images. Inserting text boxes makes it easier to add text into a large Publisher document so that text can move easily from one page to another. Regardless of any formatting changes made, working with such documents in Word is actually relatively easy.
- Open the Publisher document from which you want to transport the text and select the first page.
- Now, press “Ctrl+A” to select all the content and then press “Ctrl+C” to copy it.
- Open a blank document in Word and click on the page and press “Ctrl+V” to paste the content which you have copied from the Publisher.
- Drag the images and text boxes according to your needs and place it where you want to.
- Click a text box in Word document that encompasses more content than it can show.
- Go just below the top border. Right-click and select “Copy” from the drop-down list.
- Once again right-click on the page where you want to locate the subsequent text-box and press “Ctrl+V” to paste it.
- Move the cursor over all of the text which you can see and press “Delete”.
- It’s the right time to move the text box to put it in the position of your accordance.
- You can also resize the text box by moving any handle on the border.
In a Conclusive Viewpoint-
You can repeat the same process if there still some hidden text left in the copied text box until you see the whole content on the page. Microsoft has always been into making changes and upgrading to its tools and services.